Retire To Bed At A Decent Hour?
I should know better. Well, I do know better, but why do I violate what I know may be best for me?
There are several good reasons for retiring earlier.
* By 10 PM melatonin starts to kick in naturally
* Aim for 7- 8 hours sleep for the body to repair itself
* Keep electronics away from sleeping room, and all lights off to encourage deep sleep
* Wind down at least one hour before jumping or hopping in.
* A bit of reading in bed can prep for sleep
*A romantic spousal workout is ideal for delving into a satisfied sleep.
* No computer work in bed
* Last meal/snack a couple of hours before
*No cell phones under pillows; may combust
*Hydrate body - a small glass of water or few ounces of wine - before sleep routine starts
*If snacking, it should combine protein and carb (healthy cookie with milk?)
*If possible, keep same time routine to keep circadian rhythm happy
But, do I do these things every night? Too often I allow my stubbornness to overrule reason. I stay up much later because I like to be more creative or studious in the quiet of the night.
Well, once in a while I do the right thing. Mostly, I engage in this nightly struggle. Unpredictable me..
What can I tell you! I enjoy being a night owl. The fight continues!
Does anyone else struggle with this? Is there a routine that works for you?
firstname.lastname@example.org or Facebook Chat